[OS X TeX] TeX and the wild wild world out there

Thomas Käufl kaeufl at ira.uka.de
Fri Dec 1 08:03:44 EST 2006

Am 29.11.2006 um 11:42 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> An observation: I've been taking part in scientific conferences for
> some time now:
>
> ... [increasing use of MS Weird] ...

What do you expect?

Today, the children learn the use of MS Weird for writing articles
etc. (At least in Germany)

The schools in Baden-Wuerttemberg are obliged to use MS products.
Teachers get MS products without paying for them.

And, last week my daughter (16 years old) had to enlarge a picture.
Photoshop was available and she knew it. What did she do? She
opened the picture in MS Weird and assigned the desired sizes
to it using the features of MS Weird.

I confess:
MS Weird is the operating system and there is no operating system
besides it.

Have a nice weekend
Thomas Kaeufl