[OS X TeX] TeX and the wild wild world out there

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Fri Dec 1 21:16:23 EST 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:00 PM, John Vokey wrote:

> There is a simple solution based on population epidemiology (or
> shampoo commercial dictate) that as long as I infect at least two
> more than myself, and they in turn do the same (and, on average,
> the infection rate is >1), LaTeX will only grow.  I require every
> honours and graduate student in my lab to use LaTeX (no exceptions).

My daughter is a senior in high school. She uses TeX for the
equations in her physics and math assignments. She just likes the way
they look better than Word equations. She figured TeX out pretty much
on her own, I just left a copy of Kopka and Daly around. Today's
computer-savvy kids can figure out this stuff without breaking a sweat.

-- F