[OS X TeX] texhash, updmap, tetex & TeXLive

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sun Dec 3 11:29:12 EST 2006

I have both TeXLive and TeTeX on my system but TeXShop's engine is
currently set to TeXLive. When I run texhash, it seems to look  only
inside the TeXLive tree (console output below):

texhash: Updating /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.local/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.pkgs/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /var/tmp/texfonts/ls-R...
texhash: Done.

Similarly, when I run updmap, I only get references to the TeXLive
tree but none to TeTeX, for example:

updmap: Scanning for Map entries:
updmap: using map file `/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/
dvips/antp/antp.map'
...etc

My understanding of what is supposed to happen is rather vague but I
would have expected the TeTeX tree to be scanned by both updmap and
texhash. Is this behavior normal and if not, what is the remedy?

Thanks

Themis