[OS X TeX] %!TEX TS-program = tex

Joshua Smith josh at virginia.edu
Tue Dec 5 18:10:26 EST 2006

Hello all,

I would like to force TeXShop to typeset a particular document with
TeX + Ghostscript always, so according to the TeXShop help menu, I
have added the following line to the top of my document:

%!TEX TS-program = tex

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}

However, when I try to typeset the document, I get the following
error message:

### This is /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/simpdftex,
Version $Revision: 2.18 $
### /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/tex Smith and
Humphrey 2007.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(./Smith and Humphrey 2007.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.3 \documentclass
                   {article}

If I remove the line %!TEX TS-program = tex, the document with
typeset fine if I manually choose Tex and Ghostscript as my engine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh Smith
UCSF