[OS X TeX] I'm done with TeXShop as my main editor

Matthieu Masquelet matthieu.masquelet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 16:29:42 EST 2006

Thanks for making the point I failed to make in my original post (it
was late last night...), I indeed tried to switch to TeXShop because
it looked like the way to go by looking at the Mac web, and I thought
it would be a step up from my all command line habits I had from Unix.
It's been just over a year that I've switched to Mac OS from Windows
for my personnal computer and it's a long journey in a very diverse
world that I accomplished... I thought the bells and whistles of a
full IDE for TeX on Mac would do wonder to my productivity, it turns
out it doesn't for some of the things I do. I tried iTexMac and didn't
like it and Textmate, while attractive, didn't convince me enough to
actually pay for it. So I guess I should have sticked to vi all along,
I'm already stuck with FORTRAN as programming language so I can see a
trend :) And since I'm still young, I guess I wanted to try something
more sophisticated because that's also a little bit what the Mac
experience is about no?

Regards to all and sorry again for starting that mini flame-war...

--
Matthieu Masquelet
Georgia Institute of Technology