[OS X TeX] Re: preferred tool for presentations

David Goldenberg goldenberg at biology.utah.edu
Mon Dec 11 20:14:49 EST 2006

> Which tool would you suggest for making presentations?

If your taste runs towards minimal slides without multicolored
backgrounds, you might take a look at the much older foiltex package.
It was originally intended for overhead transparencies (called foils in
Europe) but has options to generate the proper dimensions for computer
presentation.

Foiltex does not have the facility to do overlays, but this can be added
using the texpower package.

At various times, I have played around with beamer, prosper and powerdot
(an update to prosper), but I keep coming back to foiltex for the
simplicity of the resulting slides.

Another thing that I have found very useful for making presentations is
the Helvetica maths fonts from micropress, to provide nice-looking sans
serif math expressions.

David Goldenberg