[OS X TeX] preferred tool for presentations

Paul Vickers eattheword at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 12 08:25:15 EST 2006

Christopher Menzel wrote:
[snip]

> As always, choice of apps is a matter of individual needs and
> sensibilities, but for my part, I've not found anything that can match
> the Keynote/TeXShop/LaTeXiT combination for preparing presentations.

Except when it comes to including audio. Keynote does not yet allow you
to embed multiple clickable audio objects on a slide. Yes, you can
sequence a series of automatic builds, but you cannot do what PowerPoint
allows which is to have any number of loud speaker icons on a slide each
of which, when clicked, triggers a corresponding audio (or even MIDI)
file. As far as I can tell there's no work around to this. Thus I end up
either using the (unsatisfactory) pre-programmed sequence of auto-build
sounds, or I use a separate media player app and switch between them --
not even this limitation can force me to go back to PowerPoint.

Best

paul