[OS X TeX] Unix, sudo and mpm

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Dec 13 16:17:43 EST 2006

Am 13.12.2006 um 18:24 schrieb Tobias Sebastian Kuhn:

> Alex,
>
> instead of configuring and installing mpm in your home directory
> you can add any user as a sudoer.
>

>> *snip*
>

> from now on you don't have to login as admin to use "sudo".
>
> T.

Tobias, thank you for this hint.
Right. I thought about this.
True, but I am a little concerned about my security. I non-admin
account with full sudo access is less save, right? So the alternative
would be to also edit the time stamp and set it to 0. Or am being too
paranoic?

Alex

Many thanks also to Peter and Alan. I´ll look into your suggestions
more deeply as soon as the weekend approaches...

Pete, could you explain why your suggestion is not a "could" but a
"have to"? What is happening with my current setup?

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background