[OS X TeX] Unix, sudo and mpm

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Dec 13 18:54:54 EST 2006

right. Sorry if I did not make myself clear here: by saying
"switching account" I was referring to using the two commands you
mention below.

Peter: This is the way I actually installed mpm in the first place.

Thanks for all replies.

Alex

Am 13.12.2006 um 22:54 schrieb Google Kreme:

> On 13-Dec-2006, at 04:06, Alex Hamann wrote:
>> I have to switch to my admin account (need sudo and my normal user
>> account is not on the sudoers list).
>
> You know you don't have to logout/login, right?
>
> su admin account
> sudo <whatever>
>
> --
> So now you know the words to our song, pretty soon you'll all be
> singing along, when you're sad, when you're lonely and it all turns
> out wrong...

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background