[OS X TeX] (TeXShop) menu shortcut key Typeset is broken ?

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Thu Dec 14 08:28:11 EST 2006

Am 14.12.2006 um 11:52 schrieb Jérome Laurens:

> Le 13 déc. 06 à 16:24, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to adjust TeXShop's menu shortcut keys and did the
>> following in Terminal:
>>
>> steffens-computer:~ steffen$ defaults write TeXShop
>> NSUserKeyEquivalents -dict-add "Comment" "@D"
>> steffens-computer:~ steffen$ defaults write TeXShop
>> NSUserKeyEquivalents -dict-add "Typeset" "@Y"
>> steffens-computer:~ steffen$ defaults write TeXShop
>> NSUserKeyEquivalents -dict-add "Uncomment" "@\$D"
>>
>> steffens-computer:~ steffen$ defaults read TeXShop | grep UserKey
>>     NSUserKeyEquivalents = {Comment = "@D"; Typeset = "@Y";
>> Uncomment = "@$D"; };
>>

>> Opening TeXShop I saw (and also could execute) Command-D for
>> Comment and Command-Shift-D for Uncomment.
>>
>> But Typeset (that was before Command-T) is now empty. No shortcut
>> key to trigger Typeset at all...
>>
>> Is this known? And does maybe someone know a solution?
>
> May be a conflict
> isn't the key combination @Y already used for another purpose,
> either in the main or macro menu.
> Try entring @Y and see what happens

No, that's why I have chosen @Y: It is not used at all!
But you can also chose any other combination, same result: Command-T
vanishes and "Typeset" stays empty, no other shortcut possible than
Command-T.

This is real hard-coded, isn't it?

I have never ever heard about any other application that has single
menu shortcut keys blocked against customizing.

Specialized products like unsanity menumaster easily can workaround
this (but have other oddities ...).
Only they can?

Steffen