[OS X TeX] Baffled and annoyed

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Thu Dec 14 23:55:06 EST 2006

All,
   I have read numerous post to this list that at some point (usually
well into at least dozens of quote levels) that said well, no, I
refuse to put stuff where everybody else does, and expects to find
it, and that despite my using of Fink and other incompatible private
compilations (or my own personal preference that important files
should be held in ./trash), all should just work damnit!

   Enough.  You want to walk on the edge, dance on the fine point,
play with fire, well fine.  But I do not think we on this list should
have to wade through (despite my e-mail filtering) unending
complaints and demands for fixes.  I have used LaTeX on the Mac as
long as it has been possible to do so.  No complaints---it has always
worked just fine (OzTeX et al.  Sci Word anyone?) as along as I
didn't also demand that it balance my cheque-book or some other
personal peccadillo that in some system/editor was also
accommodated.  This is the TeX on Mac OS X mailing list.  Yes, on
some obscure or even popular systems it also emptied your septic tank
on a regular basis.  I don't care.  And, I suspect, nobody else does
either.

  Oh, and what is the thread?  Start at line 2.
See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey