[OS X TeX] [Yale] i-installer directories

Stephen Anderson stephen.anderson at yale.edu
Tue Dec 19 02:46:14 EST 2006

The end of the year approaches, and with it the end of Gerben's
support for i-installer and the packages it provides.  I'm somewhat
surprised that with all of the discussion this has provoked (mixed in
with revisitings of the editor wars of long ago, Micro$oft and Adobe
bashing, etc.) no one has said anything about the fate of the servers
from which the i-installer material is available.

I'm the one whose server at Yale hosts both Gerben's "i-Directory at
Yale" and the "*EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory".  I have some qualms about
continuing to support this without Gerben (actively) behind it, but
after a bit of off-list discussion, I have decided that these
directories will continue to exist (with such updates as Gerben may
decide to make from time to time) at least through the end of 2007 --
the hardware willing.  If some other person(s) should take over the i-
installer project, I invite them to write me about taking over the
administration of these directories on my server as well.

My understanding is that the operators of the other servers on which
Gerben's packages reside intend to do more or less the same thing,
though of course I can't speak for them.

--
Stephen R. Anderson
Dorothy R. Diebold Professor of Linguistics;