[OS X TeX] Using apa.cls and trying to fit table to page

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Dec 19 14:53:14 EST 2006

Hi Mehmet,

On 19/12/2006, at 7:04 PM, Mehmet Ergun wrote:

> For now, I fit the table by writing it in a different .tex file using
> {landscape}, converting that to pdf, than to eps, and include it as a
> figure to the article.tex. But then, I have to label it as a {figure}
> (right?): on the pdf, it shows as Figure 1, even though it clearly
> is a
> table... Furthermore, this probably isn't using the capabilities of
> latex as intended...

Have you looked at sidewaystable (http://www.manicai.net/comp/latex/
latex_tricks.html)? Also, as previously mentioned the rotating
package is very good, especially if you use a minipage environment or
some such to hold your tabular data, and put both inside your table
environment. That way you can get your table numbering to work
properly. However I don't think rotating works over multiple pages
and therefore wouldn't work with longtable, nor would sideways table
I think, but I may be wrong on both counts.

> Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate any pointers,
> especially
> those that would work peacefully with apa.cls.

apa.cls is quite old now and it is possible there have been changes
made to other packages that it doesn't understand. Try using apacite
instead. Others may also suggest using natbib for your citations, but
apacite works well for me in most circumstances.

Cheers
Alan