[OS X TeX] New i-Package releases (TeX & TeX Support)
Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Dec 21 19:29:02 EST 2006
- The TeX i-Package (gwTeX 2003-2005 based in part on teTeX, tex.ii2)
has been updated with warnings that it is deprecated
- The TeX i-Package (gwTeX based on a TeX Live subset, texlive.ii2)
has been updated:
- Switching between available TeX distributions via a Preference
Pane in System Preferences (thanks to Jérôme Laurens). TeX Live 2004,
2005 and 2006 in default install setups included (that is: install
TeX Live from the ISO image and the Preference Pane will be able to
switch to it)
- /usr/texbin is the directory that you can use to access the
current system-wide distribution. No need to change frontend settings
when you switch between distributions
- The texdist command is available as a cli interface to the
distributions (have a look at texdist --usage)
- Updated version of texmf tree and binaries (TeX Live 2006 near the
- The CB-Greek, CM-SUper, MusixTeX, TeXGyre and ConTeXt Updater TeX
Suport i-Packages have been updated to work with changes in the TeX i-
All users of the old gwTeX i-Package, partly based on teTeX are asked
to change to the new gwTeX i-Package that is based on TeX Live.
Preferably, uninstall the former TeX i-package (tex.ii2).
After changing, the TeX Suport can be reinstalled. Please reset the i-
Packages to default properties after opening en before installing.
On Jan 1 2007, email support ends. It is important that you all give
the current setup as much use as possible to enable me to make as
many fixes and improvements as possible (I expect there to be some,
given the time constraints).
Please set i-Installer's log level to 4 before installation and when
there are problems, send me the report.
------------------------- Helpful Info -------------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
List Reminders & Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/
More information about the MacOSX-TeX