[OS X TeX] New i-Package releases (TeX & TeX Support)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Dec 22 03:40:10 EST 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 03:46 , Alan Munn wrote:

> At 1:29 AM +0100 12/22/06, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> People,
>>
>> - The TeX i-Package (gwTeX 2003-2005 based in part on teTeX,
>> tex.ii2) has been updated with warnings that it is deprecated
>>
>> - The TeX i-Package (gwTeX based on a TeX Live subset,
>> texlive.ii2) has been updated
>
> [snip]
>

>> All users of the old gwTeX i-Package, partly based on teTeX are
>> asked to change to the new gwTeX i-Package that is based on TeX
>> Live. Preferably, uninstall the former TeX i-package (tex.ii2).
>> After changing, the TeX Suport can be reinstalled. Please reset
>> the i-Packages to default properties after opening en before
>> installing.
>
> So after waiting until the last minute to do this, I uninstall
> everything in my former tetex installation (using i-installer).
>
> I chose FULL install.
>
> Everthing looked ok until the configure stage

Yes, there was a bug. The TeXDist structure was not in all
circumstances (especially in circumstances where people had installed
an experimental version earlier this month) created correctly.

It has been fixed now (I hope, because this is one I really cannot
test).

What definitely helps in these circumstances is

	sudo rm -rf /Library/TeX

before install or configure. I cannot do that in the i-Package
because in the future other additions may live there and the i-
Package should leave it alone. But currently, now that the /Library/
TeX structure is being introduced, it is OK to do so.