[OS X TeX] Uninstalling MacTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 22 11:37:03 EST 2006

Am 22.12.2006 um 17:25 schrieb Michael Williams:

> Or is this documented somewhere? Or is there an automated
> tool to uninstall "MacTeX", i.e. everything it installs.

Could be MacTeX.pkg offers an uninstall option. I don't remember what
I saw a year ago. The list of all installed material is in the BOM
file inside the packages receipt, and also inside the package itself.
At both locations you can also find the scripts that alter files.

> I'm happy to uninstall TeXShop, i-Installer, etc. myself, assuming I
> just need to drag them from /Applications to the Trash.

There are also preferences files, and application support files, and ...

Maybe it's better to run Mac OS X as guest on a Fedora host in VMware
or Parallels. Then Mac OS X guest's virtual disk can easily be reset
to the time before MacTeX was installed. Or you can have have more
than one virtual disk: one with and one without MacTeX ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the
entire
  catalogue."          –  Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide,
1897