[OS X TeX] Experimental MacTeX Packages

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Dec 23 01:21:27 EST 2006

Folks,

Experimental MacTeX packages are available for testing at

	www.tug.org/~koch/NewPackages.html

These packages adopt Gerben Wierda and Jerome Lauren's new data
structure for handling multiple TeX distributions. I am an
enthusiastic supporter of their work.

Let me emphasize a point made at the top of the above web page. Feel
free to try the package which installs Gerben's original TeX
distribution, or the package which installs TeXLive-2005, but if you
want gwTeX, please install with i-Installer rather than the MacTeX
package, because

	a) Gerben needs to extensively test his package before other
	obligations take precedence after January 1, and by using
	i-Installer you can aid this testing.

	b) If you installed Gerben's earlier experimental TeXLive based
	distribution, i-Installer will migrate that distribution to his new
	gwTeX. The MacTeX package doesn't do that.

I put a MacTeX gwTeX package on the page so a few TUG people could
test it because TUG's DVD deadline is around January 1. Everything is
coming due at once.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu