[OS X TeX] Re: TeX package (based on TeXLive) being updated (for the last 8 hours)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 23 05:16:04 EST 2006

On 23-dec-2006, at 10:59, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> Is xdvi(k) part of Gerben Wierda's Tex distribution? I.e., do I
> need to install xdvi(k) separately? I'm asking because if I try
> xdvi it fails:
>
> $ xdvi lec2.dvi
> Error: Can't open display:

Make sure X11 is already running, and the DISPLAY environment is set
correctly. It is always set correctly if you start xdvi from the X11
xterm window, or ask for the correct value there (echo $DISPLAY).
Others will reply with the wizardry required to get it correctly from
the Apple Terminal.

Maarten