xdvi Re: [OS X TeX] Re: TeX package (based on TeXLive) being updated (for the last 8 hours)

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Sat Dec 23 06:57:51 EST 2006

Moin,

On Dec 23, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> But I can't get it from withing the Carbon Emacs, which is set by
> default to the xdvi from the Command Line:
> View command: xdvi lec2.dvi

And the viewer command can't be changed to something like "open-x11
xdvi $1" or however it looks like?
If nothing else works, i'd rename the xdvi binary to xdvi_something,
take a small textfile called "xdvi", put it in the same folder as the
former xdvi resides in and just put the following to lines in that file:

#!/bin/sh
open-x11 xdvi_something $@

give it the proper rights to be executed and you should be set.
though it seems to me you can avoid this dirty hack by just setting
the proper viewer command in emacs :) furthermore: is xdvi the ONLY
dvi viewer out there? i guess there should also be some apps for aqua
natively... using x11 is not really what you want when you could use
os x natively!

.martin

--
Martin Henning