xdvi Re: [OS X TeX] Re: TeX package (based on TeXLive) being updated (for the last 8 hours)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Dec 23 11:21:28 EST 2006

Am 23.12.2006 um 16:18 schrieb Roussanka Loukanova:

> Under Linux, the Emacs's default viewing with C-c C-c invokes
> <View command: xdvi lec2.dvi>
>
> and it looks much better. But I am not sure if it were xdvi or xdvik.

Because you have an X Window Manager running, which adds decoration
to the clients.

Xdvi is the "vanilla" viewer, that knows a bit of TeX. Xdvik use
libkpathsea and does not search the files system (or disk) but only
looks up what's contained in the ls-R "hashes."

--
Greetings

   Pete