[OS X TeX] quotation marks

Stefan Walsen stefan at walsen.net
Sun Dec 24 07:23:20 EST 2006

Hi Doris,

On 24. Dez 2006, at 12:18 Uhr, Doris Wagner wrote:
> can anyone tell me how I can produce the \char96 (which is in
> unicode U+2018) on the keyboard of an ibook?
> [...]
> I need this character for the german beginning-quotation-marks...

I'm pretty sure that is not character you should be looking for, and
I also found a website supporting my claim:

http://www.matthias-kammerer.de/SonsTypo2.htm

The correct characters for opening and closing quotation marks would
be „ and “ - which, with a german keyboard layout, are located at
shift-alt-w and alt-2.

Regards,
Stefan