[OS X TeX] Insert a column

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 10:32:24 EST 2006

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2006, at 9:41 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>> \begin{tabular}{llll}
>> & B
>> & C
>> & D
>> \\
>

> Howdy,
>
> When I change the way you have the table formatted to
>
> \begin{tabular}{llll}
> A & B & C & D \\
>
> The original macro seems to work fine.

I never had any doubt as I have great respect for Robertson's abilities.

What happened is that Robertson gave me a couple of hints to help me
change it to the above format—which I still find a lot easier to work
with as the entries are completely separate— but this might have been
before he did the insert and delete macros. In any case, he wouln't have
noticed the behaviour of the insert macro with the above format and
since most of the tables I am using are small enough that I modify them
by hand I had no use for the insert and delete macros.

Best regards
--schremmer