[OS X TeX] captions without the numbering

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sun Dec 24 11:42:45 EST 2006

Hi,

I wanted to play with LaTeX in the context of writing a letter. I
include photos and I wanted to have captions for them, but it looks a
bit too formal to have Fig. 1, etc. at the beginning of each caption.

Is there any way to remove this? Oups, wrong question, I'm sure the
answer is yes. What is the easiest way to remove them? I'm just using
article class because figures do not appear to work in the letter and
KOMA-letter templates available in TeXShop.

Please cc to my email address in addition to replying to the list,
otherwise it will be a day or more before I see your replies as I
only receive the digest form of this list.

Thanks in advance,

Denis