[OS X TeX] [OT] Matrixes (Matrices)?

Alex Scorpan scorpan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 19:42:54 EST 2006

>> There are plenty of very specialized issues, weird font problems,
>> topics on software that I (or you, dear reader) don't use or have
>> no need for yet, questions from people way newer to TeX than me as
>> well as issues troubling people who have tasted TeX from their
>> mother's milk, etc.

> Ahhh... but you will be interested at some later time! :-)
>
> Then you'll remember reading something about it on the list, go to
> the archives and look it up. :-)

This is a rather old thread, revived now by Mr Schremmer.  The thread
had started with somebody asking "off topic" whether the correct
plural is "matrixes" or "matrices", then somebody else had complained
that there's too much OT stuff floating around the list and they're
getting drowned in it or something.  My addition to the thread (which
seems that now, out of its context, gets a bit misinterpreted) had
merely argued that off-topic stuff is just fine.  On one hand,
there's plenty of stuff floating around the list that each and every
one of us ignore anyway, so it's hard to see how some extra OT stuff
is going to drown anybody;  furthermore, if it's labeled "OT" (as the
original post was), then it's even less of a problem (for those
offended by such deviation from the list's focus) as it is easy to
filter such messages out, if one so wishes.  That was all I meant
back then.

Sorry, I had to clarify, I just couldn't let my precious thoughts be
misunderstood  :-)

Have a Merry Something and a Happy New Whatever,

Alex