[OS X TeX] Experimental MacTeX Packages

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Dec 25 15:15:43 EST 2006

Eric,

On my machine, the MacTeX TeXLive-2005 package does find local files.
Notice that such files are in ~/Library/texmf rather than /Library/
texmf. That is, they are in the Library folder in your home directory.

I tested using kpsewhich. The command

	kpsewhich pdfscreen.sty

returned

	/usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdfscreen/pdfscreen.sty

because this is in the regular texlive distribution, but the command

	 kpsewhich ly1hlx.fd

correctly located a local Lucida support file

	/Users/koch/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lucida/ly1hlx.fd

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu