[OS X TeX] Re: xdvi

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 27 01:00:24 EST 2006

> Am 24.12.2006 um 04:36 schrieb Christopher Menzel:
>
>> Quick question: are you sure you want to use xdvi instead of OS X
>> native previewer like TeXniscope?
>
> TeXniscope is not a "native DVI viewer" – it's only able to display
> PDF.

Yes, I'm well aware of that.

> So it first converts DVI to PDF with dvipdfmx. And this won't work
> when the DVI file contains some dvips specials. Have you seen lines
> like this in a TeX source?
>
> 	\usepackage[dvips]{some package}

Well, yes indeed I have, and that *might* be an answer to my
question, but it was impossible to tell from the original message
whether the poster really needed xdvi for his purposes; if not, he'd
probably be better off with a native OS X previewer.  Which is why I
asked him what I asked him and why I didn't ask him why he didn't use
a "native DVI viewer".

Cheers.

Chris Menzel