[OS X TeX] aux files with TeXLive-2005

Josep M. Font jmfont at inicia.es
Wed Dec 27 13:13:25 EST 2006

El 27/12/2006, a las 10:33, Franck Pastor escribió:

> Le 27-déc.-06 à 08:17, Eric van der Oord a écrit :
>
>> When an error occurs with  TeXLive-2005, one have to trash aux
>> files  before compiling again.
>>
>> Is that the the desired behavior ?
>
> Well, it happens to me relatively often with teTeX as with TeXLive,
> each time for relatively big TeX files (a Beamer presentation, for
> example, or a 50-pages text). It seems to me that it is a TeX-
> related bug, not a TeX-Live or teTeX one...

It happens to me often when typesetting has been interrupted by an
important error which, I interpret, has prevented some writing to
the .aux file to be completed, for instance, so that its information
becomes inconsistent or unusable. Deleting the .aux file always
solves it. It does not occur with all kind of errors, though. I do
not regard this even as a bug.

JMaF