[OS X TeX] Experimental MacTeX Packages

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Thu Dec 28 09:47:03 EST 2006

On 2006 Dec 23, at 1:21 AM, Richard Koch wrote:
> Experimental MacTeX packages are available for testing at
>
> 	www.tug.org/~koch/NewPackages.html
>
> Let me emphasize a point made at the top of the above web page.
> Feel free to try the package which installs Gerben's original TeX
> distribution, or the package which installs TeXLive-2005, but if
> you want gwTeX, please install with i-Installer rather than the
> MacTeX package, because
> I put a MacTeX gwTeX package on the page so a few TUG people could
> test it because TUG's DVD deadline is around January 1. Everything
> is coming due at once.

Thanks!

I just tried to install from the TexLive-2005 .dmg file.
It got to the point of wanting to start the install and said that I
needed an additional 66.8Mb of disk space.
Odd, thought I, so I switched to a terminal window and did a df -k:

Filesystem              1K-blocks     Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/disk0s3             78019632 76653924 1109708    99%    /
devfs                          98       98       0   100%    /dev
fdesc                           1        1       0   100%    /dev
<volfs>                       512      512       0   100%    /.vol
automount -nsl [206]            0        0       0   100%    /Network
automount -fstab [212]          0        0       0   100%    /
automount/Servers
automount -static [212]         0        0       0   100%    /
automount/static
/dev/disk1s2               600584   554088   46496    92%    /Volumes/
TeXLive-2005

Yep, I have over a gig free. Ok, so I backed up in the installation
process, and sure enough at the "pick a volume" step it told me I had
over a gig free...
Not sure how to proceed...
Posting this to the list directly to see if anyone else has had this
issue...
(I downloaded the .dmg overnight last night. It is 518.4Mb (543, 597,
392 bytes)

--Doug