[OS X TeX] printer mistakes black for white

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 29 17:40:41 EST 2006

Am 29.12.2006 um 18:49 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> is a file
>
>   Xerox Phaser 3500.gz
>
> but the new PPD file is
>
>   XRX_Phaser_3500.ppd
>
> Can I rename the new file and replace the older one. Or must I
> convert something?

Just use the new PPD file for the new printer's set-up. You can still
keep the old printer and make the new one your new default. So you
can compare ...

There could be one cause: byte order (or is it bit order? I "once"
had this in SunPC, a PC emulation running on SPARC based suns: intel
is LSB first, the rest of the world is MSB first! The colour pictures
looked psychedelically.) Imagine the scanner's output has an alpha
channel. It could be misinterpreted as completely opaque and printed
as deep black. Or such!

What is on the command line

	file <your TIFF file>

telling? You could also invoke

	sips -g all <your TIFF file>

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Patriotismus ist die Überzeugung, dass unser Vaterland allen anderen
Ländern überlegen ist, weil wir darin geboren wurden.
                                         (George Bernard Shaw)