[OS X TeX] lucida fonts problems

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Dec 30 03:28:02 EST 2006

Le 30 déc. 06 à 00:10, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> - The LaTeX package lucidabr.sty is included already in gwTeX,
> inside /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/psnfssx/, hence
> nothing to do there.
>
> - The font support files (namely AFM, TFM, VF and MAP files) have
> been removed from TeXLive. Hence you have to retrieve them from
> CTAN, for example at:
>
> 	<http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/bh/lucida/>
>
> and then put them back at the appropriate places. Namely:
>
> 	doc files inside ~/Library/texmf/doc/fonts/bh/lucida
> 	AFM files inside ~/Library/texmf/fonts/afm/bh/lucida
> 	TFM files inside ~/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/bh/lucida
> 	VF files inside ~/Library/texmf/fonts/vf/bh/lucida
> 	MAP file lucida.map inside ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lucida
>
> or, as above, inside /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local instead of ~/
> Library/texmf. In that latter case, run "sudo texhash" after
> putting all the files into place.

Here I have forgotten another component: LaTeX's .fd (font
definition) files. I always tend to think they go on par with .sty
files, but they often don't and have instead to be supplied
separately. Which is the case here.

Hence, regarding the various components of CTAN's lucida directory:

- doc files: lucida/doc/fonts/lucida    -> ~/Library/texmf/doc/fonts/
lucida

- AFM files: lucida/fonts/afm/bh/lucida -> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/afm/
bh/lucida

- MAP file:  lucida/fonts/map/dvips     -> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/
dvips/lucida

- TFM files: lucida/fonts/tfm/bh/lucida -> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/
bh/lucida

- VF files:  lucida/fonts/vf/bh/lucida  -> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/vf/
bh/lucida

- FD files:  lucida/tex/latex/lucida    -> ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
lucida

This time I hope I've not forgotten something else!

Bruno Voisin