[OS X TeX] i-Installer and local maps and hyphenation patterns

nicola vitacolo at dimi.uniud.it
Sat Dec 30 13:20:45 EST 2006

Hi all,
I would like to point out the following problems with i-Installer. I
need hyphenation patterns for languages not included in the standard
distribution. I have put all the necessary files in my ~/Library/texmf
subfolders and I have changed language.dat and language.def accordingly.
Upon configuration, i-Installer does show my local hyphenation patterns
in the list of languages, but they are not subsequently activated even
if I check their checkboxes.

Something similar happens with any font that I have installed locally
(i.e., in ~/Library/texmf): i-Installer shows the corresponding map file
but it does not activate it even if I select it.

These two problems are a bit bothering, because I need to rebuild the
format files from the command line and to run updmap-sys for every local
font every time I update gwTeX (and updates have been not so rare on
these days...).

En passant, when I choose to build xetex and xelatex formats in
i-Installer (not selected by default), they are correctly built, but
then in fmtutil.cnf the corresponding lines are commented out.

Is there a way to fix these?

Regards
Nicola