[OS X TeX] last minute switch to gwtex

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Dec 31 11:41:43 EST 2006

Thanks for the quick reply.

Concerning my other question:
running latex / pdflatex / bibtex from command line works. So I guess
it is just a matter of setting the path in TeXShop correctly. I
actually find the alias to pdflatex inside the /usr/texbin directory.
TeXShop apparently not though...

Am 31.12.2006 um 17:18 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> On 31 Dec 2006, at 4:01 pm, Alex Hamann wrote:
>
>> 2. Even though XeLaTeX seems to work I can not install it via I-
>> Installer because it would tell me that there is not tex installed.
>
> The latest packages (GW's, MacTeX, or TL2006 test releases) include
> xe(la)tex as a standard component, and you should *not* attempt to
> install an add-on XeTeX package.
>
> Once TL2006 settles down, I intend to update the XeTeX pages and
> packages in the light of the new situation, but there hasn't been
> time yet (and the distributions have been a moving target
> lately...) Eventually, there will probably be "XeTeX Updater"
> packages targeted at the new base distribution(s), but for now, you
> already have a current XeTeX.
>
> JK

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background