[OS X TeX] PDF Sync and different fonts/encodings?

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Mon Feb 6 04:34:46 EST 2006

Le 5 févr. 06 à 18:18, Sergei Mariev a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I typeset all my documents in using garamond font. To use it, I
> wrote the following package couple of years ago and have been using
> it all along, loading it with all my documents. [for better
> readability, I have taken out some lines pertaining to other
> languages, I hope I haven't deleted something important...]

I'm not sure, but I think there might be a bug in pdfsync. Especially
in its handling of paragraphs. It was covered somewhere in december
2004, but not resolved. I had forgotten about it.

I think I do know where the problem lies: the redefinition of \@@par.
Basically, one can patch \@@par as much as one wants, but since \par
is \let to \@@par (by \@par), patches done by \def (or \edef) will
not be used...

So one possibility would be to add \@par right after \gdef\@@par
{\PDFSYNC at par\@PDFSYNC} in pdfsync.sty (line 135 of the v0.6 file).

This said, there does not seem to be any way of reversing this
patching of \@@par (something in the line of a \let\@@par\PDFSYNC at par
when one wants to revert to the state before using pdfsync). In the
same chain of ideas, the patching of \everymath, \everyhbox, erases
anything that was in these token lists before. Why not have something
like

\expandafter\expandafter\everymath\expandafter{\pdfSyncStyff\the
\everymath}

when patching \everymath? (sorry for the \expandafters, but they seem
necessary...)

Have fun!
--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)