[OS X TeX] updated packages

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 6 08:44:45 EST 2006

Am 06.02.2006 um 13:35 schrieb Victor Ivrii:

> My understanding is that texmf.gwtex does not normally contain
> packages
> which are in  texmf.tetex.

That's correct -- except: there is an 'important' or 'interesting'
package's new version available which is not yet included in
(original) teTeX. Then such a package is included into gwTeX. When
it's added to teTeX, then it's not needed in gwTeX and gets removed.

> From ChangeLog.texmf.gwtex "Removed ... from gwtex  as it is in
> teTeX".
>
> So at least on all my computers there is no beamer in texmf.gwtex (and
> I never do anything manually with these directories) and there is
> beamer 3.01 texmf.tetex.

I did not update the last few weeks so I still have beamer 3.06 in
gwtex and 3.01 in teTeX ... if that's an explanation!

Can it be that you have installed *EXPERIMENTAL* versions with
TL2004? At least in the 'Expert Install' mode you have a choice ...
By which means do you conclude that there's no beamer in the
texmf.gwtex trees on your computers? You have, for example, no file /
usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/latex/beamer/ChangeLog?

--
Greetings

   Pete      <\