[OS X TeX] scripted lower case letters

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 8 07:46:40 EST 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 4:35 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> I don't understand your concern regarding the Adobe vs. URW
> versions of Zapf Chancery: on my setup, /Library/teTeX/share/
> texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map contains
>
> pzcmi8r URWChanceryL-MediItal "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont"
> <8r.enc <uzcmi8a.pfb
>
> which means the URW clone, included in Gerben's distribution of
> TeX, is used. I suspect this to be the default; if it's not, then
> that might be connected with the choice I made, when installing the
> TeX i-Package, of the inclusion of all fonts in the PDF output of TeX.
>
> To modify this option afterwards, in case inclusion wasn't
> selected: in Terminal, run
>
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 true
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 true
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14 true
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

I think there is one more parameter that is used to determine which
set of fonts and naming convention is used: from the updmap.cfg file

#
# LW35
#
# Which fonts for the "Basic 35 Laserwriter Fonts" do you want to use
and
# how are the filenames chosen? Valid settings:
#   URW:     URW fonts with "vendor" filenames (e.g. n019064l.pfb)
#   URWkb:   URW fonts with "berry" filenames (e.g. uhvbo8ac.pfb)
#   ADOBE:   Adobe fonts with "vendor" filenames (e.g. hvnbo___.pfb)
#   ADOBEkb: Adobe fonts with  "berry" filenames (e.g. phvbo8an.pfb)
LW35 ADOBE

I've been using the Adobe Type Basics with the vendor names (I'm too
lazy and error prone to change them all to the berry naming scheme)
but I think the default is URWkb.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)