[OS X TeX] OT: help with font embeddings

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Feb 9 18:11:52 EST 2006

I followed the link Melissa provided and there was indeed a rather
complicated description of how to create a pdf file having the fonts
embedded. However, another reader pointed out that OS 10.4 offered
the possibility to save a pdf file as a pdf-X file, which by
definition has all fonts embedded.

After saving a pdf file created by pdftex in Preview as pdf-X (an
option in Format), a check in Acrobat revealed that all fonts had
been embedded. In the original pdf none were embedded.

Claus