[OS X TeX] OT: help with font embeddings

Adam Goldstein adam.goldstein at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 9 22:29:13 EST 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 9:52 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

>> After saving a pdf file created by pdftex in Preview as pdf-X (an
>> option in Format),
>
>  Do you mean 'Format' or 'Quartz Filter' ?
>
> On my machine, running  MacOS X 10.4.4, there is no PDF-X under
> Format,
> but an option:
>
>   Save As ... >  Quartz Filter: >  Create Generic PDFX-3 Document
>
> Is this (equivalent to) the one you mean ?

Click and hold down the mouse button on ''PDF'' at the lower left
hand corner of the print dialog. ``Save as PDF-X'' is one of the
options that appears on the pull-down-menu. I think that what the
suggestion is here.

This PDF-X discussion is very informative and I think that I will
start saving everything that way for maximum portability.

-Adam