[OS X TeX] [bash] Pdfoutput=0 at the beginning of a file

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 12 19:09:42 EST 2006

Am 13.02.2006 um 00:55 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> Hello
>
> I' m a beginner with bash but i would like to modify a script and a
> file foo.tex.
> I would like to put pdfoutput=0 at the beginning of the file foo.tex.
>
> My first idea is to put pdfoutput=0 in a new file "tempfile"
>
> echo pdfoutput=0 > tempfile then cat tempfile foo.tex > newfoo.tex
>
> Is it correct ? The problem : i need to test the existence of
> tempfile and newfoo.tex.
>
> Perhaps there is a solution to add an a expression at the beginning
> of a file

You also could:

	echo "pdfoutput=0" > newfoo.tex		% this overwrites all contents
	cat foo.tex >> newfoo.tex			% foo.tex's contents is added

To test if a 'regular' file exists:

	if [ -f <FILENAME> ]; then
	    do this
	else
	    do something else
	fi

What do you mean with your last sentence?

--
Greetings

   Pete

   Basic, n.:
A programming language.  Related to certain social diseases in
that those who have it will not admit it in polite company.