[OS X TeX] [bash] Pdfoutput=0 at the beginning of a file

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 13 04:41:08 EST 2006

Am 13.02.2006 um 08:03 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> I sought a solution like :  echo expr >> file  but with another
> symbol or command

Works too. You only might need to 'escape' some metacharacters in the
expression. 'echo "$1" > file' would not write the string '$1', but
'echo "\$1" > file' would.

> Perhaps with perl, it's more easy... can I mix Perl with bash

Yes, of course! You have two ways to do so. Either you invoke
something like 'perl -e ...' in a bash script, or you write a Perl
script which passes a shell script for execution to the system.

(Je peux comprendre français. Un peu.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish,
and you've depleted the lake."