[OS X TeX] [bash] Pdfoutput=0 at the beginning of a file

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Feb 13 07:40:34 EST 2006

hello

Le 13 févr. 06 à 12:09, Piet van Oostrum a écrit :

>> AM> I sought a solution like :  echo expr >> file  but with
>> another  symbol or
>> AM> command
>
> What do you mean `with another symbol or command'?
> As Peter showed you, you don't need a temp file.
>
>> AM> Perhaps with perl, it's more easy... can I mix Perl with bash
>
> You can't mix them within one script (at least not easily). But
> what do you
> want to do that can't be done in bash? And if it must be done in
> Perl, you
> probably don't need bash, as Perl can do most of (or all) the
> things that
> bash can do.

yes (now) i understand that!

> If you only want to run LaTeX (or TeX) a file with something like
> \pdfoutput=0 (I assume you accidentally left out the \)

yes :)

> added at the
> beginning you can also use the command:

> latex '\pdfoutput=0\input' filename
>
> If you want to do this from TeXshop you must use a parameter form
> instead
> of a fixed filename, of course.
> --

I don't work with texshop ( only sometimes ) and i need a script
if my file.tex incude pstricks code. i try to modify the ps4pdf script
  with success to do this.

And then i want to put \pdfoutput=0 at the beginning of my file with
bash.

pdflatex '\pdfoutput=0\input' filename is possible with bash ?

For the pstricks code , pst-pdf is fine  also, with the advices of H
Voss,
  but it's for me an opportunity to learn  (bash, perl etc...) and i
want to
  compare the results .

Greetings  Alain