[OS X TeX] Pdf sync in TeXShop & XeLaTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 06:52:49 EST 2006

Le 15 févr. 06 à 12:34, Paul Vickers a écrit :

> I didn't think I had - sorry. I put a fresh subject field in: i
> guess that wasn't enough. I'll try again from a completely blank
> canvas.

Actually the recognition of a message as belonging to a thread isn't
tied to the subject field, but (I think) to the hidden header field
In-reply-to. For example, my original reply was flagged as:

As a consequence, for example, in my OS X TeX mailbox Mail presents a
thread "[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X TeX]" containing 186 messages, beginning
as early as 19 March 2002, ending up (for now) on 11 February 2006,
and containing as disconnected messages as:

[OS X TeX]
[OS X TeX] Editing Figures and include to .tex
Rép : [OS X TeX] Full Page PDf -> Bounding Box
[OS X TeX] Re: Problem with Included Graphic
Rép : [OS X TeX] set environment variables for applications
[OS X TeX] set environment variables for Emacs
[OS X TeX] Scroll bar back?
[OS X TeX] TeX wrappers
[OS X TeX] Adding a template
Rép : [OS X TeX] Problems with Bibdesk using elsart.cls
[OS X TeX] Default Paper Size

All this because of a chain of replies, even with altered subject
fields. It's very easy to miss a message this way.

Sorry for the harsh tone of my original message. This is after all a
minor nuisance (I was guilty of the same "misbehaviour" before
realizing how threading works), but this is happening so often,
despite regular reminders from Gary Gray (aka "the guy running the
list"), that I lose patience at times and post before thinking. Sorry.