[OS X TeX] PDF sync with TeXShop & XeLaTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 08:05:10 EST 2006

Le 15 févr. 06 à 12:36, Paul Vickers a écrit :

> Trying again as a new thread:
>
> I love the pdf sync feature of TeXShop and use it a lot. However, I
> have found it doesn't seem to work when using XeLaTeX as the engine
> rather than LaTeX. Is there something I'm missing?

As far as I understood not using it myself, the package pdfsync.sty
works by inserting certain tags in TeX's PDF output (using pdfTeX, or
TeX + dvips + Ghostscript). Depending on how XeTeX creates its PDF
output (using actually xetex + xdv2pdf), these tags may or may not
work with it.

You might have more luck directing your question to the XeTeX mailing
list <http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex>, though I think Jonathan
Kew, the developer of XeTeX, monitors the OS X TeX list also very
closely.

Or have I misunderstood your question, and are you speaking of
TeXShop's separate PDF synchronization function based on Tiger's PDF
searching abilities, or to the combination of both, as allowed by
TeXShop in Preferences > Misc > Sync Method?