[OS X TeX] \texorpdfstring + russian

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Tue Feb 21 05:25:06 EST 2006

Hello again,

i'm typesetting a document in unicode, so i always get complains such
as this one:

Package hyperref Warning: Token not allowed in a PDFDocEncoded string,
(hyperref)                removing `\font at name' on input line 239.

whenever the engine hits one of my unicode-\section commands etc. ok,
i understood that unicode is currently not supported, so i am trying
to use \texorpdfstring to get to some solution... e.g.

\section{\texorpdfstring{Введение}{Introduction}}

works well, but it of course produces latin pdf-bookmark. now the
'problem' i know that i can use "octal" encoding to include things
like german umlauts, for "ä" it would be \344 and so on. my
questions: is it also a way to get russian bookmarks? somehow? if
yes, how can i convert from some russian input to the appropriately
encoded string? pasting utf-8 into terminal gives me some encoded and
escaped characters, but hyperref doesn't speak multi-byte, yet, so it
doesn't work...

Hints greatly appreciated, otherwise the russian guys will have to
live with latin bookmarks.....

Thanks,

Martin

--