[OS X TeX] Track Changes - Functionality for collaborative work

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 21 08:42:23 EST 2006

Le 21 févr. 06 à 14:30, William Adams a écrit :

> My suggestion would be to use LyX and to get that installed on
> everyone's systems. It's sufficiently Word-like that people are
> reasonably comfortable with it.

In case the collaborative work is a paper or book for which the
publisher is supplying (and requiring) an in-house LaTeX class, that
may not be possible, depending on the ability of LyX to import LaTeX
classes or packages.

I'm only guessing, as I'm not using LyX myself. But I was faced with
the problem once when helping Windows colleagues to use Scientific
Word for writing papers: after several unsuccessful attempts to
import the required LaTeX class in Scientific Word, they finally gave
up and migrated directly from MS Word to standard LaTeX.