[OS X TeX] Elusive (for me) problem with TeX i-Package configure on Intel

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Feb 22 20:04:23 EST 2006

On Feb 23, 2006, at 01:24, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> On 21 Feb 2006, at 00:09, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>
>>> I finally got around to installing and configuring my new Intel
>>> iMac. I did not do a complete clean install of all the i-Packages,
>>> instead I copied my /usr/local tree over from another machine) and I
>>> did not see any problem with running the TeX i-Package configure.
>>> Nothing hung. The LM fonts were converted without problems.
>>>
>>> So, I am looking for a volunteer who experiences the hanging TeX
>>> configure on Intel with Latin Modern GUI onversion to help me
>>> identify the problem.
>>
>> I have had one person trying to help me but a new run of the current
>> configure phase worked fine to convert the fonts. Can others see if
>> they can reproduce on an intel Mac? I  need to find someone who can
>> reproduce the hanging.
>
> I will happily reproduce it once my MacBook Pro arrives. :-) Until
> then, email Dick -- it happened to him too.

Here is how anybody with a new intel iMac can help:

Before you install the TeX i-Package on your new MacBook Pro, please
set Log Level to 6 and add II2GWOVERRIDE with value YES to the
i-Installer environment (both in i-Installer preferences). When it
hangs please run a "ps laxww" in Terminal. Then after you have aborted,
create a report. Send me the output.

After you are done, remove II2GWOVERRIDE from your i-Installer
environment.