[OS X TeX] Font in TeXShop

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Thu Feb 23 08:38:07 EST 2006

I found the following message from Bruce very useful.  After changing
scale to scaled, the latex file not gives no error messages and the output
looks fine.

I would appreciate examples showing how I sould use the Helvetica and
Courier.  I have a command to make headers:

\newcommand{\heading}[1]{\begin{center}\large\bf #1\end{center}}

To make it use Helvetica instead of the default font, does this work?

\newcommand{\heading}[1]{\begin{center}\textsf\large\bf #1\end{center}}

If so, does the order matter?

Will the \texttt or the \verbatim environment automatically use Courier?

Finally, what in these commands tells it to use Times rather than cm?

Thanks in advance,

Arthur Snoke

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}