[OS X TeX] soul package and utf8

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Jan 11 09:01:59 EST 2006

On 11.01.2006, at 14:57, Georg Verweyen wrote:

> Simon Spiegel schrieb:
>
>> I couldn't find it in  the doc, guess I have to take another
>> look.  \"a does of course of work, but the reason I use is utf8 is
>> exactly  because I don't want to use some strange replacements for
>> umlauts.
>
> If it is just about umlauts -- not about Japanese -- you can use
> latin1, which works fine with the soul features.

If I use latin1, the document gets typeset without an error, but the
umlaut isn't displayed in the final pdf. soul definitely has some
serious problems here.

Thanks anyway

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick