[OS X TeX] New i-Package releases: freetype, libpng, libwmf and ImageMagick

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 11 23:38:45 EST 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I have released ImageMagick and made sure the current versions of
> Freetype 2, PNG Library, libwmf and ImageMagick are now in sync
> with what is on my systems. The main target has been a new
> ImageMagick release.
>
> NB: ImageMagick now requires a PNG Library install (for the shared
> libraries) to function. It does not support WMF (probably this was
> lost during the IM5 to IM6 upgrade a while back), but the i-Package
> still requires the availability because I hope to get that working
> again together with the ImageMagick folks.
>
> PNG Library has lost intel for the time being until I have my
> system setup such that I can support ot for all i-Packages.

Just got home, installed the png library (nice of the ImageMagick i-
package to tell me I needed it since I hadn't started up Mail yet ---
That you Gerben!) and the new ImageMagick package and it seems to
work fine.

> PS. I am experiencing big problems with the system I use for OS X
> 10.2/10.3 compatible compilation (iBook). I have recently had it
> upgraded with a bigger HD but it has become pretty unreliable (not
> booting in 10.2, not booting from CD (DVD is fine), etc.). This
> means I will probably lose it for a while and will thus be unable
> to maintain my software, unless I drop 10.2 support. I will be
> dropping 10.2 support as soon as I know that the current set of
> tools is stable and workable. Hence, I need all of you people to
> use what is there now and report any problems while I can still fix
> them. (I have been able to use a workaround tonight, start up the
> iBook in target Disk Mode and boot my server off the 10.2
> partition, but that takes the server off line and other people
> depend on it for mail so i cannot do that much).

Sorry to hear about the impending hospitalization of the iBook.

Thanks again as always!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)