[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.07

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 12 17:38:57 EST 2006

Am 12.01.2006 um 21:10 schrieb Maarten Sneep:

>> What speaks against a simple:
>>
>> 	ps2pdf14 -dAutoRotatePages=/None infile.ps /tmp/`id -u`/tmp-
>> outfile.pdf
>> 	pdfcrop --noverbose --hires /tmp/`id -u`/tmp-outfile.pdf infile.pdf
>> 	rm /tmp/`id -u`/tmp-outfile.pdf
>
> In the majority of cases it isn't needed. I don't know if pdfcrop
> properly adjusts for line thickness, but that is notoriously hard.
> So if it isn't needed, I don't want those other tools touching my
> eps files.

pdfcrop can't change the thickness of lines -- it's just an
invocation of pdftex with arguments that set a paper size of the
bounding box' size, which has been retrieved from the EPS file
before. Try 'pdfcrop --debug' on a file: it will leave the produced
TeX and LOG files! ps2pdf14 is the same 'mechanism' as used in
epstopdf ...

--
Greetings

   Pete