[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.07

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jan 13 11:30:26 EST 2006

Am 13.01.2006 um 15:11 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> By the way, it appears that ps2pdf is equivalent to ps2pdf13 not
> psd2pdf14. Don't know why that's true. I wonder if there will be a
> pdf 1.5 generator.

Ghostscript has internal functions to set this or that PostScript or
PDF level. Once the programmers have implemented PDF 1.5 it'll be
available. (PDF version 1.6 is already out!)

The four scripts ps2pdf, ps2pdf12, ps2pdf13, ps2pdf14 are just
wrappers for another wrapper: ps2pdfwr. Letting ps2pdf act as
ps2pdf13 is quite useful since almost all PDF viewers (starting with
Acrobat Reader 4) and operating systems support this -- and PDF/X is
a subset of PDF 1.3! Thinking of this standard makes me feel that
ps2pdf13 should be preferred over ps2pdf14 just in case the document
might have some printing flow ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."
                               -- Weinberg's Second Law.